Monday, 19 May 2014

3D Sculpture

I first had to start with a standard low res bust which was in the resources for our use. I had to model this with my orthographic that I created to aid me to sculpture an accurate model of myself.














I had to try to sculpt the cheek bones and jaw line as if I was to have no muscle around it so it shows how long I have been dead for and also to give the look that I am dead. In the low resolution I had to use the move tool on the polygons to carefully move the polygons to the basic shape of the human skull with this I can then change the sub-divisions to increase the resolution so then I can add more details to my sculpt afterwards. Using the move polygon tool was quite useful as I could change the polygons positions so then I could dent them in around the cheek to create a cheek bone as if the face was bony and the cheek bones were really exaggerated. This felt like having to apply the grey stuff on my tin foil to make a face and remove some to create base shapes like standard cheek bones and forehead.















For the missing jaw I created a cavity in the mouth of the model use the standard inverted mode where the sculpt would subtract itself and cave in creating a open mouth effect and then moved the chin area down and thinned it out along with the side of the bottom jaw line to create some hanging tissue. I will then go on Maya create a tongue and some teeth for the top jaw. I had to use the move tool again on the skin hanging off around the mouth however before this I had to change resolutions between high and low playing around with the low resolution to create the base shape and then after I would change back to high resolution to get the finer details like the skin tearing off.














To create the tongue on Maya I had to create a normal block then after that I would have to create sub-divisions around the block, I would then have to right click and go on vectors and move the vectors around to create rounded shapes, just the basic shape of the tongue would be enough as on ZBrush I would create the details on it as it is simpler on that as I can use the tools on there to manipulate the polygons and increase the polygon count on the tongue with ease if needed so I could add more detail on to the tongue.















After I had done the tongue on Maya I then went on to export it out of Maya then import it on to Z brush, since I imported the bust model into Maya and then fitted the tongue into the sculpt on Maya as well, inside Z brush it fitted in perfectly without hassle, As both meshes were in the same positions in both Z brush and Maya


















I then rotated the bust on the side and with the side orthographic I then had to change the side of the head to fit the image, I ignored the hair as the hair would of fallen off if I was to be zombified. I used the move brush to move the forehead back in and also the back of the head as well. From the side I realized that that tongue looks straight so I bend it back using the move tool as well to make it look like a natural fall















After matching my orthograhpic I went on to use Maya like I did with my tongue and used my bust as a reference to where it will be when I import the tooth onto Zbrush. When I imported the tooth.obj on to ZBrush I used the duplicate tool to make serveral teeth. I also used Zbrush to add extra sub divisions on to the tooth to make it more detailed and rounded so it would look like a realistic tooth. I added some canines by using the duplicated tooth and using the pinch tool to make the tips sharp like a canine and as a zombie i wanted the tooth to be sharper then usual as i felt it would give it a more menacing look to the model.
















I once again imported the ZBrush model onto Maya, this time so I may model a basic form of a tooth on to Maya. After I created the tooth I imported it back to ZBrush and created more sub-divisions for the tooth which made making the details much easier and more rounded than just the block I made in Maya for the tooth.
















I created several sets of teeth on ZBrush by duplicating the one tooth and then move them into place for the canines of my set of teeth I used the pinch tool at the tip of the tooth to give it a sharp look which looks like a canine. I made the canine a bit sharper then my normal canine to give the face a more menacing look. I also added some details to the face and also made the eye look more real by giving it an iris, To create the Iris I simply created another sphere then I changed the material of it to a my shiny material so I would stand out and moved it till it fitted my eyeball at the center. I also added eye lids by using the clay build up then smooth it out and than the move topological tool to move it into place. I also used alphas to help me with my sculpting a making them would cost to much time and it is easier. I used the burn alpha around my missing eye so it would suggest to the people viewing it that it has been burnt and the eye itself is incinerated.



I tried to do the ears as well by moving the area around the ear in and then extruding the ear out so it gives it some form and look that the ear is not forming inside the head. I then moved the inside of the ear back in and tried to slowly form the details of the ear. I tried to sculpt the Helix by folding in the inside edge of the ear on itself and also tried to give it the Tagus, You can see from the image that the Concha as being to form however it is very subtle. I also tried to form the lobe of the ear.















When I found out that there was a way to make hair in a easier way I decided I would like to do my hair instead of having myself bold as the model of myself without hair looks fairly strange to me and I did not like it, in my orthographic my hair was covering my ear so I decided I would have to go with this and cover my ears also. To create my hair I had to use the clay build-up tool and create layer after layer and different sizes of draw size near the outer layers to give it that strand of hair look I also make the strands all go in to a certain location like the crown of the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment